Free Grants for Single Mothers
What are free grants for single mothers
Free grants for single mothers are assistance given to single moms to help augment the expenses of raising her child or children. Free grants for single mothers may be financial assistance for housing expenses, free grants for single mothers college education, financial assistance or training to start a small business and many more. It could be hard raising kids on your own; single mothers need all the help they can get to provide a decent life for her family and this is what free grants for single mothers are all about.
Where can you get free grants for single mothers?
- Housing expenses – it could be very hard to carry the burden of raising kids and provide a roof above their heads on your own; mothers can find grants and financial assistance programs in public housing agencies that offer Housing Choice Voucher Programs. These vouchers help cover rent however there are certain guidelines to qualify. You may also find help through state and local agencies like the USDA’s Rural Development Housing and Community Facilities and the Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program.
- Education grants – these free grants for single mothers assist single moms to earn her college diploma. College education is the best way to land a better paying job and better advances in work in the future. Whether a single mom is starting college or getting back where she left off, there are tuition grants together with aid for books, commuting expenses, housing for college and even financial aid for computers. You can ask your college or university on how to qualify for Pell Grants. This grant is not just for single mothers, this is a federal college grant that are given to deserving students to cover for all the usual school expenses up to a certain maximum amount. You can also check for other Federal grants like:
- The Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant – for students who need financial assistance which can offer $100 to $4,000 financial assistance.
- The Academic Competitiveness Grant – this free grants for single mothers is offered for single mothers who have completed secondary school education after 2005.
- The National Science and Mathematics Access to Retain Talent Grant – is for students who are in their third and fourth year level; it can offer up to $4,000 grant money.
Aside from federal grants there are several free grants for single mothers through your company or through national corporations and through the local government that offer financial assistance for education expenses.
3. Grants for other expenses – financial aid is also available for free grants for single mothers to help augment the costs of food, groceries, heat, electricity and health insurance. The Women, Infants and Children is a federal program created in 1972 that provides food coupons, nutritional services, special health care referrals to mothers. The Children’s Health Insurance Program on the other hand provides financial assistance to families who cannot afford health insurance for their children.
Another free grants for single mothers is the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program that assists deserving individuals to pay for their utility bills.